Netgear is well known and reputed company which provides a variety of WiFi range extenders. If you recently owned a Netgear wireless extender, you can set it up using manual method. But the major problem occurs when the extender doesn’t connect. Almost every third person comes across the errors while connecting the Netgear device using manual setup through mywifiext. Sensing this need, we have come up with yet another entry in our Netgear troubleshooting box to tell you how to get rid of annoying issues while connecting the extender. Read on.
Steps to connect the Netgear WiFi extender manually
Manual setup requires you to access the default web user interface of your Netgear extender. In case you are using the extender having an Ethernet port, go through the steps mentioned here:
- First of all, keep the extender to a neat and airy place.
- Plug it into a wall socket.
- Open one of the installed web browsers on your PC.
- In the address field, type local web URL.
- Double check the URL you have entered in the previous step.
- Also, make sure to put the URL in address bar only, not in the search bar.
- The login page will appear on the screen.
- Type the username and password to proceed further.
- Be certain to enter the login credentials very carefully. Or else, this may cause an issue in accessing the settings.
- After successful login, check the password of your network. You can change it as per your choice at any time.
So these were the steps to connect the extender to network via manual setup.
Using Netgear extender which is not having an Ethernet port?
For this, you need to reset the extender to its default factory settings first. Now connect it to the network with the help of any WiFi device. Launch an internet browser on your computer. If there is no browser installed on your computer, download the one from a reliable source.
Go to mywifiext.net setup page and log in to your account. If you don’t have already an account, make sure to create the one using your email ID and passphrase. Write the login details in given boxes and click on login button at the bottom side.
Read on-screen prompts and establish a constant connection using access point setup configurations. Thus, you can easily connect your extender to the network.
Cannot open mywifiext.net?
Mywifiext plays a vital role in setting up, configuring and connecting the Netgear WiFi range extender. All you have to do is simply access a web browser and go to the above-mentioned web address. Though it sounds very easy, actually it is not!
There are a number of users who cannot open mywifiext.net. It normally happens due to technical problems. If you are also sailing in the same boat, here are some troubleshooting steps for you.
- Switch off the computer for some time and switch it on back.
- Reboot the range extender.
- Cross check the entered web address. Maybe it has some typos.
- Verify if there are loose connections or not.
- The web browser must be updated to the latest version.
- Internet connection should work fast.
- Clear the web browser history, cookies, cache and junk files.
- Use another web browser to confirm that the issue is not with the browser.
- Enter correct mywifiext password. For this, you can check the manual which came with the extender on purchase.
- You can also make use of on-screen keyboard. Perhaps your solid keyboard is damaged and its keys are not working.
- Try using the IP address for login.
- Last but not least, update the Netgear firmware to the newest version.
Apart from this, if you come across any other error with your Netgear WiFi range extender, do call us at our toll-free number 1-844-697-8376.