In this article, we ‘netgear.support’ recommends its users that they enable ‘password recovery’ in case they change password for the router’s ‘admin’ (username). If in future they didn’t remember and forget the login details, then password recovery option we help in getting the NETGEAR Router Password back. Well, this process is supported in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer but not by Safari browser.
NETGEAR Troubleshooting: Recover your Password
- Connect your router with the modem.
- Plug them both into an electric outlet nearby PC.
- For NETGEAR Router Login you have to open a web browser and type the default IP address into field of address bar.
- When a login window opens, you have to click the ‘cancel’ button.
- If ‘password recovery’ is enabled, you will be prompt to enter the serial number of the router that is printed at the back of the device.
- Click ‘continue’.
- For security reason, you have to provide answers to the page displayed.
- Enter the saved answers.
- Click ‘continue’. A screen displays your ‘recovered password’.
- Click on the button ‘login again’.
- Now, with the recovered password, log into the web interface of your router.
NETGEAR Support: Change the Admin Password
- Plug router and the PC together.
- Connect them both.
- Launch a web browser and type the router’s default IP address into field of the URL or address bar.
- For NETGEAR Router Login enter the login Credentials.
- A ‘basic’ home page will display.
- Select ‘advanced’> ‘administration’> ‘set password’.
- Type the old password.
- Now, type the new password.
- In case you forget the password in future, select the checkbox ‘enable password recovery’.
- Click ‘apply to save the settings.
NETGEAR helpline: Change the NETGEAR Router WiFi or SSID Password
- Make sure that you are using the latest firmware of the router.
- Connect your PC with it and launch a web browser.
- In the field of the address bar type the NETGEAR’s router default IP address.
- Fill in the default login details when prompted for NETGEAR Router Login.
- Click ‘OK’.
- When a ‘basic’ home page displays, you are supposed to select the option ‘wireless’.
- Now, enter the new username in the field of ‘SSID’ field.
- Enter the new password in the field of ‘Network Key’ (password) field.
- To save the settings, click ‘apply’.
NETGEAR Router Setup: NETGEAR Support
- Connect your modem with the router. Remember, the process of NETGEAR Router Setup cannot be completed if you use an old version of router and the modem firmware.
- Connect your computer with the latest version of the router.
- Note: In case the default IP address doesn’t work, go with mywifiext.
- Open a web browser.
- Type the default IP address.
- Enter username and password when prompt.
- A setup wizard screen will display when you click on the icon ‘setup wizard’.
- Select ‘yes’.
- After that, you have to click on ‘next’. It will automatically detect the type of internet connection you are using.
- Click ‘next’ to save the router’s settings.
The process of NETGEAR Router Setup is only shared to inform you that you are not supposed to change the default login details until and unless you are aware of it and before installation and configuration. The default details are necessary for NETGEAR Router Login.
Hope we proved ourself helpful for you. If there are still queries left, don’t hesitate to call our tech support team on toll-free number 1-844-689-9966.